A Life Approved

What is it about the word "Pentecost" that upsets so many? Why do so many of us run from such words as "redemption", "judgment", "love" and the name Jesus Christ? Do human beings truly have such a deep fear of the very truth of the universe? That which redeams?

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fields of Praise

" Alas I saw eternity.
It touched my soul,
yet broke it still.
A calm thunder
and a loud rain,
the light shining through,
piercing through darkness,
making me whole.
I felt eternity,
a rushing wind,
an open field
singing praise
to the Lord,
the craftsman,
the sculptor of the hills,
of the bright evening sun
which broke through
those gentle clouds.
With ease it broke through,
with ease He touched my soul,
pieced my very being.
Showed His love to me
and His anger still.
I saw heaven today.
Nay, a brief glimpse
into its reflection
of a passing shadow.
That was all I perceived.
Alone I stood with The Maker,
The Sculptor,
as silent and still as I.
Through the rain He spoke to me.
Through the clouds,
the sun,
those fields of praise.
This He spoke to my soul,
"' Be onward still my child,
yet be still.
This I give to you,
taste it, embrace it
and enjoy it,
yet for now.
For trials come,
pain and agony,
questions and distance."'
"' Yet I have made this for you,
for them.
My love endures,
but my anger yet burns.
My child, this is,
but a whisper of a whisper,
a cloudy image,
of and aged idea.
When compared to
what I desire for you."'
'" Know this,
I made this for you,
so show this mightily to them.
Bring them, nay,
show them the way home."'
I saw the Kingdom today.
O' the beauty,
o' the majesty.
I saw it,
in the fields of praise."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home